There is a huge shortage of engineers—100k in Vietnam, 1M+ regionally—CoderSchool will help to close that gap by providing high-quality, scalable online education that gets people jobs and changes lives. Since 2015, CoderSchool has helped learners from all walks of life learn the top skills to launch their tech career journeys, people who were once: students, marketers, accountants, teachers, creatives, and even former tattoo artists!
We do this by weaving together an interactive curriculum, passionate educators, supportive mentors, enriching work simulations, and a dedicated career success team to deliver positive outcomes.
At CoderSchool, we have three core company values:
- Learners First: We make decisions that benefit our students first.
- Always Learning: We’re humble and focus on getting better.
- WeMe: We put we before me. We take joy in the success of the group.
We are venture-backed by Monk’s Hill Ventures, TRIVE, Iterative, XA Network, and iSeed Ventures.
To learn more about CoderSchool and to hear from our CEO and Founder, please visit: https://youtu.be/msXFz7tZ-OU?t=409 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5-CrgcAgJk
About the role
We are currently seeking a Product Owner to join our team and take charge of our "Career Prep" product line. This individual will be responsible for developing a product that aids recent graduates in their job search, while also scaling these efforts to accommodate our rapidly growing student base.
- Define, develop, and implement the product vision and strategy for the "Career Success" product line, aligning it with CoderSchool‘s overall mission and objectives.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of features and enhancements.
- Develop and implement a robust process for tracking, measuring, and reporting on product performance and success metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, and marketing, to ensure successful implementation of product features.
- Conduct regular market research and stay up-to-date on industry trends to ensure our product offerings remain relevant and competitive.
- Continuously iterate on the product and processes to optimize the student experience and improve job placement outcomes.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the "Career Success" product line, providing updates to stakeholders and addressing any concerns or issues that arise.
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset, with experience in utilizing data to drive product decisions
- Experience shipping a tech product, or at least major features of a product. Bonus points if the product was successful. Same bonus points if the product was unsuccessful but you can explain why.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Proven track record of successfully managing and launching digital products, preferably in the education or career services industry
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology, education, and helping others succeed in their career journey
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Working proficiency in Vietnamese and English
What we offer you (benefits):
- Working time: Mon-Fri, from 10:00 - 18:00 (lunch time 12:00 - 13:15)
- Training: Free classes at CoderSchool - come experience the product that you‘ll be part of creating! We not only pay for online courses, we give you bonuses to do so. We take learning seriously!
- Paid leave: Up to 19 days/year; off on 24,25 Dec
- 13th month salary and competitive incentive bonus; performance review twice per year
- Macbook is waiting for you on your 1st day
- Flexible work from home policy. We’re not fully remote because we find it harder to collaborate, but we allow you to work from home whenever it makes you more productive.
- Experience working at a venture-backed, growing startup, backed by one of the leading regional VC firms and executives from Google, Netflix, Amazon, Traveloka, and more. Senior CoderSchool management has prior experience at Apple, POPS Worldwide, Fulbright University, and LINE Corp.
- Talented, supportive, driven colleagues that are all focused on one thing - getting work done and delivering great educational experiences to our learners. No drama for your mama!
- English-speaking, international work environment, with an average age of 27.69 (as of Apr 2023).
- Monthly party budget, fun company trips and activities that you’ll actually enjoy
- We try not to have too many meetings
- Quarterly hair color allowance (based on color)
- A chance to spend precious hours of your life working on something that makes a meaningful difference for a lot of people.