Since 2015, CoderSchool has helped learners from all walks of life learn the top skills to launch their tech career journeys, people who were once: students, marketers, accountants, teachers, creatives, and even former tattoo artists!
We helped thousands of learners get great jobs at high-technology companies and change their life for the better.
We do this by weaving together an interactive curriculum, passionate educators, supportive mentors, enriching work simulations, and a dedicated career success team to deliver positive outcomes.
To learn more about CoderSchool and to hear from our CEO and Founder, please visit:
https://youtu.be/msXFz7tZ-OU?t=409 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5-CrgcAgJk
About the role:
Data Science Curriculum Developer makes will play a key role in making sure CoderSchool graduates get great jobs.
As a Data Science Curriculum Developer, your main job will be to own the process of creating high-quality and innovative content. The voice of our content is friendly like that one smart friend you had in college. With visualization, interactive examples, thoughtful assignments, and practical project challenges, we want to build world-class coding tutorials.
It‘s also important that you stay on top of your field. The key company value at CoderSchool is "Always Be Learning", and Content Developers are expected to refine and expand our curriculum continuously.
If you‘re only available for part-time work, we‘re happy to discuss collaborating on some projects.
- Maintain academic content quality and ensure smooth daily operation of the team.
- Research, design, and manage the process of creating academic content, including videos, lecture notes, assignments, demo apps, and instructional documents.
- Foster positive morale and cohesiveness throughout the department.
- Mentor and guide team members so that they may better mentor learners and accomplish professional goals.
- Support and develop the vision, mission, and future goals of the department and the company.
- Collaborate with other departments on planning, designing new products, and maintaining the quality of the current products.
Provide 1-on-1 and group instruction as needed to test new content delivery strategies
Maintain knowledge of industry-standard interview and hiring practices
Perform user interviews to collect course feedback
- Work directly with the Product team to deliver impactful value to customers
- At least 2 years of experience in related Data Science fields.
- Experience teaching or designing curriculum OR the ability and willingness to collaborate and learn about best practices in curriculum design
- Strong creative thinking - you enjoy learning new things, are open-minded to all possibilities to find the right one, and put thought and care into your work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you can make a clear case for what you’re doing and why.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment - you are well organized, have excellent attention to detail, meet tasks on short deadlines and prioritize.
- Ability to manage medium size teams, track projects, and use project management tools.
- This position is open for both full-time and freelance/part-time candidates
What we offer you:
- Working time: Mon-Fri, from 10:00 - 18:00 (lunch time 12:00 - 13:15)
- Training: Free classes at CoderSchool - come experience the product that you‘ll be part of creating! We not only pay for online courses, we give you bonuses to do so. We take learning seriously!
- Paid leave: Up to 19 days/year; off on 24,25 Dec
- 13th month salary and competitive incentive bonus; performance review twice per year
- Macbook is waiting for you on your 1st day
- Flexible work from home policy. We’re not fully remote because we find it harder to collaborate, but we allow you to work from home whenever it makes you more productive.
- Experience working at a venture-backed, growing startup, backed by one of the leading regional VC firms and executives from Google, Netflix, Amazon, Traveloka, and more. Senior CoderSchool management has prior experience at Apple, POPS Worldwide, Fulbright University, and LINE Corp.
- Talented, supportive, driven colleagues that are all focused on one thing - getting work done and delivering great educational experiences to our learners. No drama for your mama!
- English-speaking, international work environment, with an average age of 27.69 (as of Apr 2023).
- Monthly party budget, fun company trips and activities that you’ll actually enjoy
- We try not to have too many meetings
- Quarterly hair color allowance (based on color)
- A chance to spend precious hours of your life working on something that makes a meaningful difference for a lot of people.