There is a huge shortage of engineers—100k in Vietnam, 1M+ regionally—CoderSchool will close that gap by providing high-quality, scalable online education that gets people jobs and changes lives. Since 2015, CoderSchool has helped learners from all walks of life learn the top skills to launch their tech career journeys, people who were once: students, marketers, accountants, teachers, creatives, and even former tattoo artists!
We do this by weaving together an interactive curriculum, passionate educators, supportive mentors, enriching work simulations, and a dedicated career success team to deliver positive outcomes.
At CoderSchool, we operate on 4 key principles:
- Students First: We make decisions that benefit our students first.
- Always Learning: We focus on getting better.
- Weme: We put “we” before “me”. We take joy in the success of others. We support and help each other.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself, and others.
We are venture-backed by Monk’s Hill Ventures, TRIVE, Iterative, XA Network, and iSeed Ventures.
About the role
CoderSchool is currently looking for a Career Success Executive to make sure CoderSchool graduates get great jobs.
As a Career Success Executive, you‘ll be responsible for building great insights about students and employers and helping to find ideal matches between the two.
Our ideal candidate for this position is someone who has spent a lot of time thinking about careers in their lives and wants to share that with others. In this role, you‘ll be the one who is delivering the biggest promise that we make to our students: that taking a course at CoderSchool will really change their lives.
Line Manager: Reports directly to Career Success Lead
About the team
The Career Success Executive operates as part of the Growth team. While the overall Growth team focuses on an overall goal of driving explosive revenue growth, the Career Success team focuses on driving student success in the workplace to help change lives.
How you will add value and be successful (responsibilities):
- Follow the process to evaluate student employment readiness
- Track and enable graduates’ career progression, identify and raise potential issues
- Build and maintain relationships with students in a friendly yet professional manner
- Approach employers to identify their hiring needs for potential partnership
- Build and maintain relationships with partners (employers) to maximize the benefit for both
- Keep track of partnership activities and effectiveness for further actions
- Support the Admission team by consulting the potential students
- Collaborate with Admissions and Academic teams to make sure graduates are qualified for work (by creating student personas, advising special cases, connect Academic team with the industry partners, and so on)
- Making graduates’ status reports, partnership reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Keep updated on career skills, such as reviewing CVs and interview tips
What you bring to the team (requirements):
- 1-3 years of experience in recruitment and career planning
- 1-3 years in IT industry recruiting is a plus
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) of key technical terms and industry trends
- Confident in communication skills, good self-management, and organizing skills and detail-oriented
- Great at and willing to learn to use tools including MS Office, Google Workspace, Notion, Basecamp, and Pipedrive
- Comfortable communicating in written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Data-oriented and result-oriented mindset (key KPIs are satisfaction, placement rate, time to placement, and average salary)
- Experience in public speaking or mentoring is a plus
What we offer you (benefits):
- Talented, supportive, driven colleagues that are all focused on one thing - getting work done and delivering great educational experiences to our students.
- Experience working at a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup, backed by one of the leading regional VC firms and executives from Google, Netflix, Amazon, Traveloka, and more.
- A chance to spend the precious hours of your life working on something that makes a meaningful difference for a lot of people
- Chances for career growth in both managerial and non-managerial roles. We‘re always adding people to the team
- Free Classes at CoderSchool - come experience the product that you‘ll be part of creating!
- Quarterly self-learning incentive. We subsidize 90% of your self-learning (anywhere, in anything) every quarter, up to a prescribed limit.
- Annual leave: Up to 19 annual leaves/year & company holidays
- Work from home policy
- 13th month salary