There is a huge shortage of engineers - 100k in Vietnam, 1M+ regionally - CoderSchool will close that gap by providing high-quality, scalable online education with 2 self-paced courses: Full Stack Web and Data Science that gets people jobs and changes lives. Since 2015, CoderSchool has helped learners from all walks of life learn the top skills to launch their tech career journeys, people who were once: students, marketers, accountants, teachers, creatives, and even former tattoo artists!
We do this by weaving together an interactive curriculum, passionate educators, supportive mentors, enriching work simulations, and a dedicated career success team to deliver positive outcomes.
To learn more about CoderSchool and to hear from our CEO and Founder, please visit:
https://youtu.be/msXFz7tZ-OU?t=409 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5-CrgcAgJk
About the role:
CoderSchool is currently looking for an Academic Software Engineer (Frontend) to make sure CoderSchool graduates get great jobs. As an Academic Software Engineer, your main job will be to build interactive content for our courses. The voice of our content is friendly like that one smart friend you had in college. With visualization, interactive examples, thoughtful assignments, and practical project challenges, we want to build world-class coding tutorials.
- Develop interactive content and user-friendly web applications by coordinating with writers and designers.
- Maintain product appearance by applying, developing, and enforcing content and display standards.
- Participate in creative team brainstorming meetings.
- Update, maintain and enhance mobile and desktop User Interfaces (UI).
- Optimize web applications for maximum performance.
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies.
- Make suggestions for better solutions to problems.
- At least 2 years of experience in front-end web development.
- Fluent in ReactJS, Git & Github, and CSS.
- Experience building multi-viewports from responsive and adaptive web design.
- Awareness and practice of front-end and server-side performance best practices.
- Strong communication skills with a team-first attitude.
- Experience in developing web animations is a plus.
- Experience with visualization tools like D3 or ThreeJS is a plus.
What we offer you:
- Attractive salary package and career development
- Annual leave: Up to 19 annual leaves/year
- Work from home policy
- 13th month salary
- Annual performance review: twice per year
- Full salary for Social Insurance
- Christmas holiday off (24,25/12)
- Talented, supportive, driven colleagues that are all focused on one thing - getting work done and delivering great educational experiences to our students.
- Experience working at a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup, backed by one of the leading regional VC firms and executives from Google, Netflix, Amazon, Traveloka, and more.
- A chance to spend the precious hours of your life working on something that makes a meaningful difference for a lot of people
- Chances for career growth in both managerial and non-managerial roles. We‘re always adding people to the team
- Free Classes at CoderSchool - come experience the product that you‘ll be part of creating! Quarterly self-learning incentive. We subsidize 90% of your self-learning (anywhere, in anything) every quarter, up to a prescribed limit.